About My Blog

I created this blog to help share ABBA information with other fans and to show off my new collection items :)


Please note: Collection item photos are from my own personal collection. These are not stock photos. If you wish to use any of my photos elsewhere, please have the courtesy to ask first - Thank you :)

Saturday 27 February 2016

ABBA Live In Australia 27th February 1977 - "They're Here!"

'They're Here !'

How excited were we ??

On 27th February 1977, ABBA arrived in Sydney for their Australian Tour.
They checked into the Sebel Town House Hotel in Elizabeth Bay where they faced the Australian media for a Press conference. Very cringe worthy ......

There had been much outrage in the Australian press that tickets for the concerts would cost $9 or more! When tickets went on sale in October 1976, fans all over the country queued for hours to secure tickets and every single concert was sold out. 

Images are from my personal collection.


















 










2 comments:

  1. I remember the headline "they're here" it was an exciting time back then such good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, an extremely exciting time :)

    ReplyDelete